Tuesday 27 March 2018

I find my self-obsessed with escape rooms. I am curious about what tips and tricks you have for the best way to beat the game and win bragging rights?


I work at an escape room and actually get this question less than I thought I would; I have a few pieces of advice:
1- Look at everything, if it doesn't specifically say "NOT IN USE" or "DO NOT TOUCH" then make the assumption its an important part of the game in some way.
2- Be willing to be wrong. Don't worry about getting all of the locks on your first try, be willing to try a wrong code in a lock.
3- Communication with your group is key. Some people are more logical and some are more fluid thinkers and in a good escape room both are needed so if you're stuck on a puzzle bring someone else in-they might be able to see it differently.
3.5- Do some research on the room before you go. Some rooms have a recommended number and while its not impossible for a smaller group to do it the room is designed to entertain that larger number for a full hour so your smaller group is going to have to do the same amount of work with less people. Also, if its your first time don't try a room with a 2% success rate.
4- Be nice to your Escape Artist/Game Master/Game Runner. Don't try to fit 9 people in a room designed for 6, don't complain about how you didn't know you signed up for a scary one when it says it on the website, crack a joke with them when they grab you from the lobby, listen to their instructions before the game starts, don't say "oh, we've seen this video so we don't need to watch it" (when someone tells me that I've already decided I don't like them). They might be more likely to give you some free clues or push you in the right direction.

Source https://www.reddit.com/r/escaperooms/comments/7gmxw4/best_advice_for_escape_rooms/


No comments:

Post a Comment